Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cancer

Tonight I speak from the heart.

I feel vacant. Hollow. Empty. There's no soul inside of me. If there had been I sold it long ago.

What joy do I bring upon this world? What light? Wherever I roam there is only darkness, confusion, and anguish. I have left a great stain on so many lives.

Perhaps there is reason to be proud of that.

Should I revel in that which I destroy? Feast on their torment. Glorify the horrors for which I have created with my own hands?

No one would ever know. No one except for me. Can one be cocky if they can not gloat? Sure. I know it. I know who I am and what I have done. I have no regrets. I feel no shame. What I do would disgust the worst of sinners.

So that is how it shall be. I will continue to live in this dark shadow, gripping the life that I have created.

Forgive me not.

No comments:

Post a Comment